RECIPE - Mushroom Risotto, with Garlic, Lemon & Sage Oil
Preperation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 40 Minutes
1L (4 cups) chicken or vegetable stock
125ML (1/2 cup) dry white wine
1 tbs Olio Bello Romanza Extra Virgin Olive Oil
80g butter, chopped
1 brown onion, halved, finely chopped
100g Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
100g small button mushrooms, quartered
440g (2 cups) arborio rice
80g enoki mushrooms, ends trimmed
20g (1/4 cup) finely shredded Parmesan
20g (1/4 cup) coarsely chopped fresh continental parsley
Pinch of salt
Shaved Parmesan, extra, to serve
Garlic, lemon & sage oil
125ml (1/2 cup) Olio Bello Lemon Pressed Olive Oil
3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1/3 cup loosely packed shredded fresh sage
Pinch of saffron threads
- To make garlic, lemon & sage oil, heat oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over low heat. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Remove from heat. Add sage, and saffron. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Combine stock and wine in a saucepan and bring to the boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and hold at a simmer.
- Heat oil and butter in a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until soft. Add Swiss brown and button mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until mushroom softens.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until grains appear glassy. Add a ladleful (about 125ml or 1/2 cup) of stock mixture to the rice mixture and use a wooden spoon to stir until liquid is completely absorbed. Continue to add stock mixture, a ladleful at a time, stirring constantly and allowing the liquid to be absorbed before adding the next ladleful. Cook until rice is just tender and risotto is creamy. (this will take about 25 minutes)
- Add the enoki and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until tender, Remove from heat. Stir in the Parmesan and parsley. Taste and season with salt.
- Spoon the risotto among serving bowls. Top with oil mixture and sprinkle with extra Parmesan to serve.