We think our Five Fruits Pressed Olive Oil is the first in the world! We make it by pressing organic oranges, mandarins, grapefruit, lemons and limes together with our fresh picked organic olives – and the flavour is amazing. A wonderful addition to our Agromato citrus olive oil range. Instead of using fresh oranges in this recipe, change it up by using lemons, mandarins or limes with the appropriate zest for a different tasting cake.
250ml Olio Bello Five Fruits Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 cups brown sugar
2 oranges, peeled, segmented, pips removed
6 free range eggs
3 cups SR flour (or substitute GF flour)
1 cup milk
2 cups icing sugar
2 tsp Olio Bello Mandarin Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tbsp fresh squeezed orange juice
Zest of 2 oranges
- Beat the oil and sugar, combining well.
- Puree the orange pieces and add to the sugar mixture.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating to combine.
- Sift the flour then fold through the mixture, alternating with the milk to form a batter.
- Pour into a greased 26cm cake tin.
- Bake at 160C for about 50 minutes.
- Test with a metal skewer.
- Allow cake to rest for 5 minutes then turn out onto a platter.
- To make the icing, combine all the ingredients and drizzle over the warm cake.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with double cream or Greek yoghurt.