Rosemary & Lime Pressed Olive Oil Cake
120g roasted almonds
100g pane de casa bread
2 teaspoons chopped rosemary leaves
200g castor sugar
2 teaspoon baking powder
4 eggs, beaten
200ml Olio Bello Lime Pressed Olive Oil
Zest of 1 lime
Juice of 2 limes
60g castor sugar
2 sprigs rosemary
- Grind bread, almonds and rosemary in a food processor until as fine as possible.
- Combine with sugar & baking powder. Add lime zest, Lime Pressed Olive Oil & eggs.
- Pour into greased 22cm spring form cake tin.
- Put into cold oven & bake at 180C for 45-50 min. Leave in tin 5-10 min to cool.
- To make syrup - gently heat all ingredients until sugar dissolved, boil for 5 min, allow rosemary to infuse. Pierce holes in cake and strain syrup over whilst warm.
Note: This recipe is delicious if you wish to substitute Lemon Pressed Olive Oil and lemon juice.